Landcrafted employment enrichment program
Caledonia Spirits, the distillery behind Barr Hill Gin & Vodka and Tom Cat Gin, is looking for candidates for our Landcrafted Employment Enrichment Program (LEEP). This is a 6 month internship/apprenticeship style position, relocation stipend included, and a great opportunity to learn more about our purpose-driven business. To apply, fill out this form.
Founded by a beekeeper, Caledonia Spirits was built on a vision to connect cocktail culture to agriculture. We are passionate about the spirits we produce, including Barr Hill Gin, America’s Most Awarded Gin. Our work is fueled by the values of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and continuous learning.
At Caledonia Spirits we believe diversity makes us better. For us, it is not just about being an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we are proud to be. It is about inviting different experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives to our work and making conscious efforts to reach out to candidates who can bring different ideas and perspectives to what we do and create together.
So we invite passionate people who are committed to excellence to join our team. We welcome applicants of all races, religions, colors, national origins or places of birth, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, genders, and abilities. We welcome those who have served our country. We invite you to make our team richer and better.
The Landcrafted Employment Enrichment Program combines retail sales shifts, bar support, food and cocktail serving, production and distillation, marketing, event sales, and customer service support with unique cross-learning opportunities including farm and vendor visits, bartending, public relations, distillation experiences, product quality control, and much more. Intern/apprentices will choose a core work area in either Hospitality or Manufacturing. All workers will also participate in cross-learning opportunities and enrichment experiences. A typical work week will involve three to four shifts in the chosen core work area, and one to two opportunities to work a cross-learning shift or dive deep into an enrichment such as a cocktail class, spirits tasting or farm visit.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO
- Learn about the craft distillation industry from experts
- Work with one of our team committees in either sustainability, diversity, or safety
- Participate in cross-learning shifts in other departments including production, events, sales, bar, human resources, and office administration
- Visit farms and vendors that supply our world class cocktail program, and learn about using local, sustainable products in the hospitality industry
- Represent the Barr Hill brand
Landcrafted Hospitality Program
- Train in various front-of-house positions, including server, bar support, kitchen support, retail and host
- Provide front-of-house support, including barbacking, food and cocktail serving, hosting, food and juice preparation, batching cocktail recipes, and dishwashing
- Work retail shifts offering tastings and sales, and work off-site event shifts doing tastings and bottle sales
- Box and send out online orders of apparel, barware and raw honey
- Attend frequent in-depth trainings on cocktail creation and history, spirits, and hospitality
- If interested, complete craft bartending training assessments and train with established bartenders on cocktail creation and history
- If interested, work on brand and marketing projects as available and support the business side of retail operations including ordering and inventory
Landcrafted Manufacturing Program
- Complete shifts with our production team, including bottling, honey jarring, and more
- Learn about the craft spirit distillation process, and assist our distillers in creating our highly awarded gin and vodka
- Work with our research and development team to perform lab distillations and complete experiments
- Complete manufacturing certifications and operate large machinery
- Assist with completing, packaging, delivering and receiving orders
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the skills, knowledge, and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Valid drivers’ license and two years’ experience driving.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE
- An enthusiastic team player interested in learning more about multiple aspects of the craft distilling industry and its connection to agriculture
- Passionate about connecting with people and providing a great guest experience
- Excited about a variety of work opportunities across the company
If you are interested in applying for the Landcrafted Employment Enrichment Program, please fill out this form and attach your resume. A formal job description can be found here. We want to be mindful that everyone may not have a resume or access to resume coaching, so if you would like help formatting your resume or have any questions, please contact email@example.com. After we have received your application, we will email you to let you know we're in review, and if we feel you're a great fit, we'll reach out for an initial phone interview. After your stellar phone interview, we will then schedule a Zoom interview with any pertinent team members and supervisors.
For more company information, please visit our website.